Prem Ratan Dhan Payo is the only movie which was expected by the critics and even from the Salman Khan fans that it will break the Happy New Year film first day box office collection record of Rs 44.97 crore. HNY was released on 24th of October 2015 earned income of 44.97 crore and it’s the highest collection of opening day till now in Bollywood industry form previous all decades. Now coming on PRDP, according to official news of Taran Adarsh it collected 40.35 crore on opening day of Thurday that is on Diwali festival season.
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo fails to break Happy New Year 1st day collection record
The film fails to create its magic in breaking HNY film record but still it managed to be 2015 year highest opening grosser till now. Salman PRDP movie has broken his own previous film records of Bajrangi Bhaijaan relased on 17th of July 2015. Bajrangi Bhaijaan was critically acclaimed movie which earned income of 25.25 crore on non-holiday release day.
PRDP is releaed with 5600 theatres worldwide where 4500 are in India and 1100 in foreign countries. On the other side, HNY was also released in the approx. screen of around 5500 only but it managed to rake more business than PRDP. Let me share you the Top 10 highest earning movies.
Top 10 Highest Opening Grosser Movies of Bollywood till now
- 1st position is occupied by HNY of Shahrukh Khan with 44.97 crore
- 1st position is took by Salman Khan PRDP earning 40.50 crore
- Dhoom 3 stands at 3rd place with 36.22 crore opening day income
- Chennai Express (33.12 crore)
- Ek Tha Tiger (32.93 crore)
- Singham Returns (30 crore)
- Bang Bang earning (27.54 crore) on Holiday release
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan on non-holiday release gathered (27.25 crore)
- PK (Peekay) made (26.63 crore)
- Kick collected (26.40 crore) standing at 10th place
This is all we are able to share with you.